Commercial lemon farming is a prevalent, profitable old business in various countries worldwide. To make money, multiple people are already doing this commercial business.
Note – When you do commercial lemon farming in India, you need to know the essential factors to add to your information. Lemon farming requires various equipment. Tractors, Rotavators, cultivators and harvesters, are significant equipment in farming. You can use a Kubota tractor and any other tractor for lemon farming. because Tractors play the main role in every farming.
Lemon is a significant fruit throughout the world, and it is mainly known for its pulp and juice across the globe. So it’s an excellent business for making money quickly. Lemon is a species of small tree in the flowering plant family Rutaceae, native to Asia (mainly Assam, northeastern India), northern Myanmar or China.
Lemon juice is about 5% to 6% citric acid, with a pH of about 2.2, which gives it a sour taste. Its juice’s distinctive sour taste makes it a major ingredient in drinks and foods such as lemonade and lemon meringue pie.
Nutritional Value of Lemon
Lemon is especially a rich source of vitamin C and is very nutritious. A 100 grams serving contains 64% of the daily value, and other essential nutrients are also in content.
Lemons contain several phytochemicals, including terpenes, polyphenols, and tannins. In addition, lemon juice contains slightly more citric acid than lemon juice (about 47 g/l), almost five times the citric acid found in orange juice. As a result, lemons are high in vitamin C and relatively low in other vitamin and mineral content.
Health Benefits of Lemons
- Lemon has many health benefits and is very nutritious. Lemons are very high in fibre and many beneficial plant compounds. It may support weight control, heart health and digestive health.
- Lemons support heart health because they are high in heart-healthy vitamin C and several beneficial plant compounds to lower cholesterol.
- Regular consumption of lemon helps in controlling weight.
- As you know, lemon contains citric acid, vitamin C, which helps you absorb non-heme iron from plants, which can prevent anaemia.
- Lemons provide some beneficial plant compounds or chemicals that have been shown to prevent cancer in animals.
- The soluble fibre can help improve digestive health in leman. But to get this benefit, we should eat the lemon pulp.
- Lemonade promotes hydration. Adding lemon enhances the flavour of the water, which can help you drink more.
- Due to the high amount of Vitamin C in lemon, it improves the quality of your skin. In addition, it helps in reducing wrinkling of the skin, dry skin from ageing and sun damage.
Advantages of Lemon Farming Business
- Growing lemon plants is very simple and very easy. The plants are also very strong and hardy.
- Lemon cultivation is a traditional occupation in India. Commercial lemon production is highly profitable. So you can earn a good profit from this business.
- You can start this business after just following these guidelines. However, we recommend taking training before starting commercial production.
- The capital requirement is relatively less than some other crop farming businesses. But you can get a good return from this business.
- Lemon’s demand and the price is good in the market. So, you don’t need to worry about selling your products.
- You can also start lemon production on a small scale and use your unused land, ponds or lakes etc., and by doing so, you will get some extra money.
- Commercial lemon cultivation is a very good and profitable business. So it can be a good source of employment for unemployed people.
Process of Lemon Farming in India
Here we are describing the process of lemon farming in India.
You have to select the best place to start your commercial lemon farming business. You can grow lemon in almost all types of soil. Good drainage and light soil are suitable for its production.
You should keep the pH range from 5.5 to 7.5. The plants can also grow in slightly acidic and alkaline soils. Light loamy and well-drained soil is considered best for the commercial cultivation of lemon.
You should prepare the land perfectly then plants can grow well. Level the land properly and cross plough. You can plant on a terrace against slopes in case of hilly areas. High-density planting of lemon is also possible in such areas.
When you want to get information about cultivation, you should also know the equipment that will help to boost the yield. However, the Massey Ferguson tractor is the most pivotal equipment.
The subtropical climate is suitable for good development and lemon plant growth. For the young plants, the temperature below -4° C is harmful. Soil temperature is approximately 24° C to 25° C, optimum for root growth.
Arid and dry climates/conditions coupled with well-defined summers having low rainfall (ranging from 75cm to 250cm) are most favourable for the crop’s growth.
For more information regarding lemon farming in India, stay tuned with us.